The 9 to 5 grind can be one of the most monotonous experiences for any of us. It’s easy to get lazy, which inevitably leads to a ‘lowest common denominator’ from a dress code perspective. Well – here’s a wakeup call – look in the mirror – are you that guy? Have you started taking the easy way out? Step it up, folks – put a new charge in your attitude, which will reflect in the way you carry yourself in the workplace. Up your office profile with these five easy tricks:
1. A Good Briefcase – Trade in the company-supplied black nylon bag for a nice briefcase. Not only will it help you realize the benefits of a well packed bag, but it looks much more professional. Recommended: Any of the Filson series 256, 257, or 258. They go with everything, look better with age, and will last past your retirement.
2. A Nice Belt – This one is easy. Business casual environment? Get a good shotshell belt that works perfectly with khakis and some driving loafers. Business professional environment? Go with an American Alligator belt from Martin Dingman. Either of these are great investments – not only for your closet, but for your professional image as well.
3. A Good Pen and Notebook – Spiral notebooks and composition books are for college kids. Free pens from hotels are not a status symbol. Show up to your next meeting with a nice Moleskine notebook and a Parker Vector pen. Neither are that expensive, but will pay dividends in terms of your office profile.
4. A Versatile Sport Coat – Exchange the fleece jacket for a Sport Coat. Not the typical Navy blazer (which is fine, too), but a jacket that will go with everything, and can be transitioned from office to happy hour. Try anything in medium gray or tan.
5. Clean Your Space – You spend the majority of daylight hours in your office space, so keep it clean. Get to work an hour early one morning and get all the dust, crumbs, and trash out of there. It’s amazing how much more productive you’ll be when you are working in a clean space.
There are no products matching the selection.